Because Sphere deploys a proprietary wireless communications system, the distance between any of the sensors, detectors, sirens, keypads or remotes and the Base Unit can be as far as 656 feet (200 meters). Walls and floors can diminish the distance while open areas may increase it. The indoor and outdoor cameras, however, have higher data requirements since they transmit video. The cameras are linked through your wireless router, which typically offers about a 300-ft. (91 m) reach. (Wi-Fi coverage always can be extended by adding equipment.)
Articles in this section
- What battery do I buy to replace one in the Wireless Door/Window Sensor or Remote?
- How do I add another accessory?
- How do I ignore a sensor for Home Arm mode?
- How do I add a friend or family member as a user?
- What should you do if you lose the Remote Control or a Quick Access Tag?
- Does the alarm work if there’s a power failure?
- What should I do to reset the passcode to the Sphere Alarm system?
- What should I do if I forget my password to the Sphere Alarm app?
- How do I change my username?
- How far does the Pet-Immune Motion Detector cover?